Our templates allow you to edit information in bulk through spreadsheets rather than individually. We offer various different types of templates that can be downloaded within the Uploads page of your account.
For example, you can choose "All Available Fields" to export and view all of your data within one file or choose a specific template that features only the columns of what you're looking to update.
You can access available templates on the Uploads page on the right-hand side of the age as shown below:
- Uploads must be in either .CSV or .TXT format
- Values are required in order for a change to be made and any field left blank will be ignored on import. For example, entering a 0 in the MANUAL_PRICE column will remove the manual price, whereas if the field is left blank it will be ignored.
- Deleting or renaming any of the headers will make the file invalid. You can remove an entire column that you're not updating and only the SKU column is required.
- All Available Fields: This template is suggested for making multiple updates in bulk all within the same template. For example, if you would like to update your min and max prices, cost prices, manual prices and/or strategies all in one place this would be the best template. Only managed items will be displayed in this template.
- Set or Update Min/Max Prices: If you already know what your min and max prices are you can enter them in bulk using this template.
- Set or Update Cost: Provide your cost prices in bulk. If you are using our hosted file feature to calculate your cost prices this would be the best template to use.
- Set or Update Strategies: If you have a large number of listings and do not want them all using the same strategy, you can easily assign many listings to different strategies in this template by the strategy id.
- Set or Update Manual Prices: If you have a large number of listings where you'd like to remove or set a manual price in bulk (a 0 must be entered to remove a manual price entirely).
- Manage or Unmanaged Listings: Setting a 1 will set a listing to managed, setting a 0 will set a listing to unmanaged.
- MAP and Handling Time (Amazon only): In some situations, manufacturers may require sellers to advertise their items at a price that the manufacturer sets, these items can be set in bulk using this feature along with your handling time. Handling time can only be set for Quantity Sync customers only.
- Set Amazon Min-Max Prices: This template is set up in Amazon's specifications. If at any point you would like to sync your min/max prices to your Amazon account this is the best template to use.
- Set or Update SVA Target Velocity: (Amazon only) This template will allow you to view current velocity, as well as set or edit a target velocity per SKU.
After making your changes, simply save and upload the file into your Informed account for instant updates. For step by step instructions on how to upload a file, please see our Uploading a file article.
- Only items that are managed will be exported into templates. Your unmanaged items will be displayed in the Manage or Unmanage listings template only.
Why Did My File Fail?
When uploading a file, an error can occur during the pre-processing stage (Upload Failure) or during the file processing stage (Upload Error). If this occurs, our system will automatically generate and display information to provide details on the error that occurred. We also send you a direct email with information regarding your failed file.
For more information about the potential errors/failures that can occur during an upload, please see our Upload errors/failures article.